We only need to look around us to see that we are in a state of upheaval. Times are changing rapidly and everyone is moving to the streets to have their voices heard. Many are also taking this time to go into an internal space to create change within their own lives. The road ahead might look bumpy, but it is only as turbulent as we choose it to be. This is an important time to trust your intuition. The one thing that we have to do is give ourselves permission to be angry. Be angry! Get Angry! — but then allow yourself to move into a state of release and growth. Why plant weeds in your own garden? Holding onto anger will only attract more of it in your life. We are all looking for change, growth, and we cannot expect others to provide that for us. It is important to have a message of equality on all levels heard in the public forum, but we must first ask “What am I doing to create peace and change within myself?” Too often we get caught up in the energetic tsunami of others. This is why we are currently not seeing a unified message within the ranks of the “Occupy” movement. As time passes I feel that a true, underlying message will begin to bubble to the surface.
Here are a few ways to express peace in your life right now:
1) Say I love you to someone next to you
2) Give forgiveness
3) Ask for forgiveness
4) Smile at a stranger
5) Volunteer and help those that are in need
6) Love yourself fiercely
10) Look in the mirror and love yourself
11) Write a list of all the things you are thankful and appreciative of. Be in a constant rampage of gratitude.
12) If you feel negativity coming on, pull out your list from line number 11 and begin your gratitude flow.
13) Love your enemies. Hate, never erases hate.
What are some ways that you bring peace into your life? What do you do to bring yourself back to center?
Share your posts below!!!
Michael A. Brazell CFT CSN MAT PAT